Best day Trips and Tours from NYC (New York City)
5 Best Day Trips from NYC
There are many fascinating attractions around the vicinity of New York City that most travellers never get the chance to visit. Day trips to areas around the city are definitely recommended for people staying at NYC for more than a couple of days and for those on their 4th or 5th visit to the city. Here are some of the best day trip destinations from NYC.
1. Cape May - Cape May is famous for its candlelight tours and gingerbread houses. The homes in Cape May were originally constructed for sea captains and were recently restored to their former glory. The area is also known as a great spot for whale watching.
2. Catskill Mountains - These mountains, located less than a day away from New York, are great place to get away from city life. Visitors will find accommodation options ranging from luxury hotels, cosy inns and rugged camping grounds. The area is a famous destination for hikers, anglers, skiers and hikers.
3. Belmont Park - Belmont Park hosts live horse races on Wednesdays up until Saturdays. The park is served by the Long Island Railroad trains that stop at the Manhattan’s Penn Station. Admission rates to the park usually cost around $2.
4. Atlantic City - Atlantic City is a gamer’s paradise. The city is home to over 12 casinos, a boardwalk and an amusement park. Atlantic City is also a popular destination for water recreation activities.
5. Hudson Valley - Hudson Valley is one of the most historically significant locations in the vicinity of NYC. The valley is home to a number of beautiful mansions along the banks of the Hudson River. There are also many establishments in the area that offer guided tours and sell souvenirs.
- Visiting the nearby state of Massachusetts
- Try the Big Apple Escorted tours.
- You can also find information on Vegas tours online with Las Vegas culture.
To main travel guides menu.
Further Information: Interested in the heart of New York, Broadway is a great area for accommodation and shopping.